For Guidance Counsellors
We appreciate your role in helping students find the university that’s right for them. Acadia is the right place for students who want a high-quality, high-engagement learning experience. Our professors are mentors as well as teachers, committed to bringing out the best in our students. We offer undergraduate research opportunities, co-op options and community development programs. We believe in giving back to our community and so do our students– 80% volunteer to help others locally and abroad.
Top 10 things your students need to know about Acadia
- Acadia has been ranked in the top three undergraduate category 20 times in 23 years.
- Acadia consistently ranks above the national average in student satisfaction in the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE). In the Globe & Mail Canadian University Report (2013) Acadia rated an A+ in Student-Faculty Interaction.
- Acadia’s co-op program has been ranked the best in Canada; 22 of our degree programs offer co-op options.
- Acadia offers over $4 million in scholarships and awards.
- Acadia has been ranked among the top 10 most beautiful campuses in the country and earned A for campus atmosphere by the Globe & Mail.
- Acadia has won more national championships than any other university in Canada and has the highest number of Academic All Canadians per capita of any undergraduate university in the country.
- Acadia offers a 1:15 faculty to student ratio and earned an A+ for class size in the Globe and Mail CU Report.
- Acadia is community minded: 80% of our students volunteer to help others locally and around the world.
- Acadia offers 200+ degree combinations and Study Abroad programs in 8 countries.
- Acadia professors work closely with undergraduate students to develop their research skills and offer opportunities for collaborative research and publishing.
We are happy to mail Viewbooks, posters, and other materials that have proven helpful to guidance counsellors. To request a package, please contact a recruiter.
You can also download an information sheet for each of our programs.
A great way for both you and your students to experience Acadia is to visit our campus. Acadia offers campus tours for students on weekdays at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm and at 2:00 pm on Saturdays. To help defray the cost of a campus tour, we offer a boarding pass program http://recruitment.acadiau.ca/boarding-pass.html that credits students for one way of their trip to campus against their first year Acadia tuition.
Counsellors are very welcome and we will create a personalized day for you where you will have the opportunity to learn about Acadia and see all that we have to offer. We will include a campus tour and meetings with academic leaders, student service professionals, the Manager of Admissions and the Manager of Scholarships and Financial Aid. During the summer months, we offer complimentary overnight accommodation on campus. (The Annapolis Valley is stunning at any time of year, but the summers are absolutely beautiful!)
To book your visit, or for more information, please visit Campus Tours
High school visits
Our enrolment advisors collaborate closely with high school guidance departments across the country. Please contact us about sending an advisor to your school or for anything else you may need to assist you in helping your students make the right choice.