Establishing the best first year schedule helps you set the foundation for a successful Acadia experience. To help with this, your department has recommended the courses you should register for in your first year. To make the process even easier for you, many departments will pre-register you for your required courses. Most programs allow you to choose and self-register for at least one elective in your first year. Academic advising is available at any stage should you need it.
Introduction to Women's and Gender Studies
Courses of your choice, totalling 27 credit hours
You will need to register for the required course WGST 1413, and for your 27 credit hours of elective courses.
The Arts Core is a series of requirements common to all students pursuing degrees in the Faculty of Arts. We encourage you to complete as many of these as possible in the first two years of your degree:
• 6 credit hours English: usually ENGL 1406, or ENGL 1413 & 1423
• 6 credit hours of Social Science: Economics, Politics, or Sociology
• 6 credit hours of Humanities: Art, Classics, Comparative Religion, History, Philosophy, or Music (Note: studio classes in Art and Music do not fulfill this requirement)
• Note: Women’s and Gender Studies courses can count toward either the Humanities or Social Science requirements of the Arts Core
• 6 hours in a single language other than English: French, German, Greek, Latin, or Spanish
• 6 credit hours of Science: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth and Environmental Science, Engineering, Environmental and Sustainability Studies, Math and Stats, Nutrition, Physics, or Psychology