Acadia has a loan program to help students in financial need. A loan is repayable with interest within the academic year.
Acadia Interim Loan Program
Students sometimes find themselves unable to afford textbooks or rent while they are waiting provincial loan funding. Students may request a short-term repayable loan.
- Established financial need
- Request must be made in writing, including the amount of funds required and an explanation of why the funds are needed.
- Registered as a full time student at Acadia University in a degree program
- Must submit a copy of student loan assessment.
- Applications are assessed based on the minimum costs of education for the academic year (fall/winter semesters).
- Claims will not be considered for payment of fees owing on a student's university account.