Request for Indigenous Artists
Request for Proposals
Acadia University is inviting Indigenous artists to submit proposals for a logo treatment development for our Indigenous Centre, Welkaqnik. This logo will honour Acadia University’s place in Mi’kma’ki, Indigenous students, and alumni.
This request aims to work with Indigenous artists to increase Mi’kmaq cultural presence university- and community-wide, creating a visual representation for Acadia and our students.
Proposals deadline: Monday, August 15, 2022, 11:59 PM AST
Submissions must include:
- Information about the artist and what inspires their design work (250 word maximum)
- Examples of previous design work that reflect them as an artist
- A creative brief including initial thoughts and approach to the logo treatment and timeline to develop logo treatment
Please note: Spec work is not required
The selected artist will design and deliver:
- The logo treatment
- Brand guidelines, including fonts, colours, and final files
- Summary of the artistic approach
An external panel of Mi’kmaq representatives, Indigenous students, and staff will review the proposals and select the artist to develop the logo treatment for Welkaqnik by Monday, August 22. The winner’s artwork will be completed by Monday, September 12.
Proposals and questions about the RFP can be submitted to Kathleen at email@example.com
Director, University Communications