Our policies are listed below. If you require assistance, our supportive EAP staff are available to help you:
|Wong International Centre
|Sharon Churchill Roe (Manager, English Language Centre — Fountain Learning Commons)
|Susanne Campbell (Head Instructor, English Language Centre — Fountain Learning Commons)
|Ted Salmon (Homestay Coordinator — Fountain Learning Commons)
|Residence Life Office (Old Student Union Building)
|Your Instructors (Fountain Learning Commons)
English Support Classes/Exam Preparation
Throughout the year, we offer support classes for students seeking extra practice in English skills:
- Academic English skills: reading, writing, listening, and speaking
- Testing skills
- Practice tests with feedback
Classes will be held in the Fountain Commons. Students currently enrolled in a degree program are also welcome to participate.
Please contact the English Language Centre to register; a minimum of three students each term are required for the course to be offered. A 10% discount is offered to students who register and pay for more than one week.
For a complete list of our policies, please refer to the student handbook (PDF).
- All students must have medical insurance. You can buy medical insurance from any company of your choice.
- If you already have insurance, please show the policy to the English Language Centre.
- You can buy medical insurance from http://guard.me/acadia
- Whenever you need to see a doctor, you must bring your medical coverage card with you.
- If you are in class, you are marked “present”.
- If you arrive more than 1 minute after class has started, you are marked “late”.
- If you are not in class, you are marked “absent”.
- If you are sick on the day of a unit test or presentation, you must give a doctor’s note to your teacher. Your teacher will allow you to re-do the assignment/test. You will still be marked absent for the days missed.
- You must attend more than 80% of classes in order to pass the term.
Students who miss four or more EAP terms must take the CAEL placement test, or provide an IELTS or TOEFL score to determine the correct level for them to study in. According to Acadia’s admission policies, IELTS or TOEFL scores must be no more than 12 months old at the time of registration to be accepted.
You qualify for a full refund of your pre-paid tuition only:
- If you have been denied authorization to study in Canada and provide documentation from the proper Canadian authority stating that your application to study in Canada was denied; or
- If you withdraw your consent on the Student Contract after you have completed program placement testing and before you begin your first class in the English Language Centre.
EAP Application fees and Student Fees are non-refundable.
Our withdrawal form is available online. If you are eligible for a refund it will be processed with 10 days. Refunds are processed by the method you paid, or by credit on your student account.