Acadia University welcomes members of the media to our campus and strives to accommodate journalists. We have faculty experts available for interview and offer a beautiful campus for stories on higher education and research.
Because the University is private property, we ask media to respect certain guidelines:
Media wishing to come on campus are asked to contact University Communications prior to arrival. Our staff will work to accommodate your needs. We can also assist with making the following arrangements:
1. Finding appropriate people to interview from Acadia (whether student, faculty, staff, or administrators).
2. Parking on campus. Visitors are advised to use metered parking spots, or arrange in advance for parking permits to be used in permit-designated areas. Please review our Campus Map.
3. Access to classrooms, offices, and buildings. Permission for access can be arranged through University Communications, or with permission from the person responsible for those spaces.
There are a few circumstances where media are not permitted (exemption may be obtained with special permission arranged by the University):
1. Rooms where examinations are being written.
2. Private meetings on campus.
3. Private residence rooms.
During a crisis or a senstive situation, media will be restricted to designated areas.
Please visit our Staff page for more information.