GlobalPay for Students
The most reliable payment process for an international student to pay their fees from outside of Canada is through GlobalPay for Students. You can easily track the status of your payments, and it is easier to receive refunds.
GlobalPay allows you to pay your fees in the currency of your choice, which then converts into Canadian dollars. Your exchange rate quote is guaranteed for 72 hours after you receive your quote and you can track your payment as it moves through the system. Payments made through GlobalPay are typically received 7 – 10 business days after your bank initiates the payment.
- Select your country and the amount you would like to pay
- You’ll receive quotes including details about how long payments will usually take. Select a quote to continue.
- Enter your student number, address, and contact information. The Canadian Government requires an address to process all incoming and outgoing Canadian payments.
- After you enter your information, you will be directed to complete the payment through the provider you chose, such as your bank, UnionPay, AliPay, etc.
- You will be provided with a reference number that you can use to track your payment. We typically receive payment within 7-10 days.
Wires can be sent to:
424 Main Street, Wolfville, NS B4P 1C9
Bank ID #001
Bank Transit # 02063
Bank Account # 1010-842
Please ensure your student ID is noted on your wire by one of three options:
- 7-digit ID preceded by 2 additional zeroes
- 9-digit Application Reference ID
- 9-digit ID typically starting with "100...", "1000...", or "000...". These are historical ID numbers issued prior to August 2022.
You will be required to provide the following information:
- Beneficiary Bank: Bank of Montreal (no address required)
- SWIFT BIC Code: BOFMCAM2
- Recipient name is Acadia University
- Your 11-digit beneficiary account number consisting of the 4-digit branch transit number and 7-digit account number. Please add "02061010842" after the 7-digit account number.
- Routing information in the format //CC0001NNNNN where //CC0 is standard code, 001 is BMOS’s 3 digit bank institution number and N is the 5-digit branch transit number
When sending US funds, also provide the sending financial institution with:
- If funds are being sent in U.S. Dollars also provide the sending financial institution with BMO's USD correspondent bank information:
- Pay through Intermediary Bank: Wells Fargo Bank (FKA Wachovia)
- S.W.I.F.T BIC Code: PNBPUS3NNYC
- Or, Fedwire ABA: 026005092
- Or, CHIPS UID: 143906
When sending funds from Europe:
- For funds coming from Europe, the IBAN code is the same as the 4-digit transit number and 7-digit BMO Bank account number (without spaces or dashes).
- BMO’s IBAN numbers is 02061010842
Payments made through this method can take 3 – 15 business days to be received and processed to your student account. Failure to ensure your 9-digit student ID number is included on the transfer will result in the payment being rejected and returned to the sending institution.
FAQ - Why can’t I pay with my credit card?
Acadia University discontinued the use of credit cards for student accounts (tuition and related fees) effective May 1, 2017.
Acadia University was the last university in Nova Scotia to discontinue the use of credit cards for tuition and related fees. This change aligns Acadia with industry standards and best practices. This measure is also in response to increasing Data Security Standards compliance and their related costs.