Local Health Centres
Medical Care Off-Campus
- Canadian students should present a valid provincial health card
- International students should bring a printed copy of their health insurance card
- If possible, bring a list of your current prescriptions. If you are managing several medications, consider keeping a list on your phone.
- Consider tracking health issues in a journal, particularly if symptoms are recurring/chronic or very severe, and having a list of your emergency contacts.
- If you need emergency care, try to have someone accompany you.
Valley Regional Hospital
150 Exhibition Street, Kentville
Hours of Operation: Always open.
Eastern Kings Memorial Community Health Centre (EKM)
23 Earnscliffe Ave, Wolfville
Monday-Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
EKM is a community clinic that offers appointments on a first-come, first-serve basis. The clinic offers appointments on weekday evenings and on Sundays. You can call the clinic during the daytime to book an appointment for that night.
- Call 902-542-2266 to book your appointment beginning at 8:00am from Monday to Friday.
- To schedule an appointment on Sunday, call between 12:00pm - 3:00pm on Friday.
For example, the clinic offers appointments from 5:00pm - 9:00pm on Thursdays. You could call beginning at 8:00am on Thursday morning to schedule an appointment for Thursday evening.
Bloodwork is available on weekdays from 7:00am - 2:00pm. Book your bloodwork appointment online at booking.nshealth.ca or call 1-833-998-2722 (weekdays 7:00am - 7:00pm, Saturdays 8:00am - 4:00pm).
442 Main Street, Wolfville
Shoppers Drug Mart
433 Main Street, Wolfville
Dennis House (West side entrance)
September-April regular hours:
Monday - Friday
9:00am - 12:00pm, 1:30pm - 4:00pm