Accessible Learning Services
Accessible Learning Services staff at Acadia University are committed to providing a supportive, inclusive, and welcoming on-campus environment.
Our main goal is to facilitate access to supports and resources for students with disabilities that will maximize opportunities for a successful and meaningful experience at Acadia University.
To help promote accessible learning on campus, we offer:
- support services
- provincial and national funding
- notetakers and connect with the Tutoring Coordinator
- electronic textbooks and connect with Vaughan Memorial Library to join the accessible text database
- work with faculty to implement student accommodations in the classroom
- offer one-on-one meetings with students throughout the semester to build academic soft skills such as organization skills, writing skills, etc.
- organize academic soft-skills workshops for students
- offer students an opportunity to develop employment-related skills