Your health, well-being and safety are a top priority at Acadia University.
While responding to the COVID-19 pandemic it has been necessary to make some changes in how the Student Health Centre will support you. Our physicians will be your family doctor while you are away from home and will continue to provide services for:
- Medical Diagnosis and Treatment of health concerns
- Women’s Health, Reproductive Health: pap tests, birth control, pregnancy tests
- Men's Health
- Transgender and Gender Non-conforming Health
- Sexual Health: Confidential testing for all Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI's) and HIV
- Allergy Injections and travel vaccinations (fee applies)
- Emergency Contraception
What to Expect
- All appointments will be booked by phone. If you email us, please include your phone number so we can contact you to schedule an appointment.
- Please send a picture of your health card (Canadian students) or your Acadia health insurance (International students) to us at email@example.com.
- Appointments will be done remotely unless an in-person appointment is determined necessary by the physician.
- If you are attending an in-person appointment, you will be screened for COVID-19 prior to your appointment.
- Walk-in appointments are not available and students with urgent needs will be referred to local health centres or hospital emergency rooms.
- Students can access virtual medical consultations 24/7, including days when the clinic is closed. Direct2U Doctors provides diagnosis and prescription services for $30 per visit for students with a provincial health card, which is not reimbursed. International students can submit this charge to the ASU International Medical Plan for reimbursement.
For COVID-19 questions, information, and resources
Please visit Acadia's COVID-19 information website for details and updates.
- You should complete a daily self-assessment before travelling to campus. Learn more about self-assessment, when to call 811, and how to self-isolate.
Dennis House (West side entrance)
September-April regular hours:
Monday - Friday
9:00am - 12:00pm, 1:30pm - 4:00pm