Campus Health Essentials
Whether you are new to Acadia or are a returning student, we want your experience to be as healthy as possible. Sometimes that means taking care of the basics – sleep, nutrition, and physical activity. It is also important that you bring with you any prescription medication that you are taking along with some other health supplies.
- Fever-reducing and pain medication such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin)
- Anti-nausea medication like dimenhydrinate (commonly called “Gravol”)
- Bring copies of your prescriptions to your health clinic appointment.
- Keep a copy of your emergency contacts in a convenient location. These can include your parents, RA (if you live in residence), extended family, and friends.
Self-care is anything that we do to take care of our mental, emotional and physical health. Taking care of your well-being and managing your stress helps you adapt and thrive.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- What makes you feel nourished and re-energized?
- What stresses you out?
- What are you comfortable with?
- What makes you anxious? How do you cope with this?
- What is something that you enjoy?
Dennis House (West side entrance)
September-April regular hours:
Monday - Friday
9:00am - 12:00pm, 1:30pm - 4:00pm