Residences are open for all new and returning students not required to self-isolate.
You need to book a 1 hour move-in time slot in advance of your arrival. Please check your Acadia email or your message portal in StarRez to use the booking calendar.
Moving in your belongings
- You can designate one support person (such as a family member or friend) to enter your Residence building to help you move in. Your support person must wear a non-medical face mask at all times while inside the building. The designated support person is not a transferrable role (i.e. family members cannot switch off at different times).
- Other family and friends may be present to assist with unloading vehicles and say goodbyes, but they will not be permitted to enter any Acadia buildings. All family and friends visiting Acadia must be free from any symptoms of COVID-19, regardless of whether or not they will be entering the building. If a member of your support party feels sick, they must stay home.
- Acadia welcome committee volunteers will be available to assist you moving into your residence room, but it is recommended that you pack lightly.
Where to go when you arrive
Once you have arrived, Safety and Security staff will direct you to the unloading zone.
If you arrive more than 30 minutes late for your timeslot, you may be placed in a standby lane until there is space available at your building.
Students in Self-Isolation
What does Self-Isolation in Residence Look like?
- Two-week virtual content plan from getting to know Student Services, to virtual yoga, residence chat groups, games and more.
- Dining Hall and Meal Service will be available for those students in self-isolation; further details to come.
- Access to laundry facilities will be scheduled to accommodate for proper cleaning and sanitation.
- Washrooms will be assigned and shared with a maximum of up to 4 students.
- Required Daily Health Check-in: students will be required to report on COVID-19 symptoms on a daily basis. This measure will be supported by Acadia’s newly hired on-campus Occupational Nurse.
- All common room spaces will be closed.
- Gatherings and guests are not permitted in rooms at any time (including those residing on the same floor).
- Alcohol consumption will not be permitted.