If you are arriving from outside of Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, or Newfoundland and Labrador, you will be required to complete the Nova Scotia Safe Check in Form and quarantine (self-isolate) for 14 days.
Starting January 4, 2021, testing for COVID-19 is available for students on day 6, 7 or 8 of their self-isolation if they don’t have symptoms.
Residences will be open for all students who do not need to quarantine (students from NS/NL/PEI) to move in on January 17, 2021.
Students who need to quarantine (self-isolate) must notify Acadia Safety and Security at 902-585-1103 at least 30 minutes before arrival for instruction. Residence students will need Safety and Security support to access their residence room.
Moving in your belongings
- If you are not entering quarantine (self-isolation), you can designate one support person (such as a family member or friend) to enter your Residence building to help you move in. Your support person must wear a non-medical face mask at all times while inside the building. The designated support person is not a transferrable role (i.e. family members cannot switch off at different times).
- Other family and friends may be present to assist with unloading vehicles and say goodbyes, but they will not be permitted to enter any Acadia buildings. All family and friends visiting Acadia must be free from any symptoms of COVID-19, regardless of whether or not they will be entering the building. If a member of your support party feels sick, they must stay home.
- Acadia welcome committee volunteers will be available to assist you moving into your residence room, but it is recommended that you pack lightly.
Students in Quarantine (Self-Isolation)
What does Quarantine (Self-Isolation) in Residence Look like?
- Dining Hall and Meal Service will be available for those students in quarantine (self-isolation); further details to come.
- Access to laundry facilities will be scheduled to accommodate for proper cleaning and sanitation.
- Washrooms will be assigned and shared with a maximum of up to 4 students.
- Required Daily Health Check-in: students will be required to report on COVID-19 symptoms on a daily basis. This measure will be supported by Acadia’s on-campus Occupational Nurse.
- All common room spaces will be closed.
- Gatherings and guests are not permitted in rooms at any time (including those residing on the same floor).
- Alcohol consumption will not be permitted.