University Communications serves the Office of the President to showcase and support Acadia University’s mission and strategic objectives.
Working with stakeholders across campus, we provide strategic advice for communicating and promoting Acadia’s leading institutional and academic research endeavours to the general public, stakeholders, and media locally, provincially, nationally, and internationally.
Our work is guided by the strategic plan, Acadia 2025, which is focused on transforming lives for a transforming world.
What we do
- Provide strategic counsel to the President and the Office of the President regarding University news, announcements, signature events, and issues management.
- Serve as Acadia’s point of contact with the media and showcase news, media coverage, and campus updates in our newsroom.
- Direct public relations for major announcements and news conferences.
- Offer media training to faculty and staff and offer writing and event promotion advice.
- Drive Acadia’s academic mission and strategic priorities through effective and impactful external and internal communication outreach initiatives.
- Assist film and TV crews with their requests.
- Lead public information during emergencies and crises.
- Maintain a shared bank of photos on Flickr and videos on Vimeo.