University Communications serves the Office of the President to showcase and support Acadia University’s mission and strategic objectives.
Working with stakeholders across campus, we provide strategic advice for communicating and promoting Acadia’s leading institutional and academic research endeavours to the general public, stakeholders, and media locally, provincially, nationally, and internationally.
Our work is guided by the strategic plan, Acadia 2025, which is focused on transforming lives for a transforming world.
What we do
- We provide strategic counsel to the President and the Office of the President regarding University news, announcements, signature events, and issues management.
- We support Acadia’s academic mission and strategic priorities through effective and impactful external and internal communication outreach initiatives including an internal campus newsletter, broadcast studio productions, and media-focused social media posts.
- We are Acadia’s point of contact with the media. Representatives from the media can gain valuable access to Acadia experts or find newsworthy stories about Acadia discoveries and signature events in our newsroom.
- We provide media training to faculty and staff and offer advice about writing and event promotion.
- We assist film and TV crews with their requests.
- We handle public relations for major announcements and news conferences.
- We share information with the Acadia community, the media, and the public in emergencies and crisis situations.
- We manage a bank of photos on Flickr and videos on Vimeo.
- Follow @AcadiaUNews on Twitter
Office of the President