International Students

Working While Studying

You do not need a work permit to work off campus if you have a valid study permit that states you “may accept employment” or “may work off campus for 20 hours a week” AND you maintain a full-time, registered status in an Acadia program. If your study permit conditions do not indicate this, you will need to apply for a study permit amendment.

If you meet the above conditions, your study permit will allow you to work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions and full-time during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break.

Acadia Students' Union Jobs

Browse a list of jobs available with the Acadia Students' Union.

 Browse available jobs

Social Insurance Number

If you want to work in Canada or have access to government programs and benefits, you must have a Social Insurance Number (SIN). For more information on the SIN and the application process, please visit Service Canada’s website.

 Apply for a Social Insurance Number

Select Your Language

Helping at the Wong International Centre


International Students
Wong International Centre
27 Acadia Street
Wolfville, Nova Scotia, B4P 2R6