Students under the age of 19 are considered minors in Nova Scotia and require a custodian. Please click here for more information.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada may require that some persons under the age of 19 applying for a study permit have a Custodian living in the local community in Canada.
In the event that you still do not have a custodian, Acadia University has recently assigned an individual to provide custodianship for emergency cases. Please complete the attached forms along with Government of Canada Custodian Declaration - Parent/Guardian Declaration, found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/custodian-parent.pdf.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to obtain the custodian information you require to complete your Government of Canada Custodian Declaration.
- Print the Custodian Declaration form, and complete the form with the information above.
- Print and complete the Acadia Custodian Request Form.
- Print and complete the Acadia Terms of Reference Form.
- Make a copy of your student information section page from your passport
- When all forms are complete, please forward them to:
Recruitment and Student Services
Box 40 (Custodian Requests)
31 Acadia Street
Wolfville, Nova Scotia
Faxed signed copies can be sent to 902-585-1092
Scanned signed copies can be emailed to email@example.com
Select Your Language
Custodian Request Form
Custodian Agreement Terms of Reference
Wong International Centre
27 Acadia Street
Wolfville, Nova Scotia, B4P 2R6