What if every student and alumni from Acadia University had five to fifteen new connections from which to learn, share, and grow?
Introducing the Acadia Café
The Acadia Café online networking program is powered by the Ten Thousand Coffees platform, which matches alumni with students and young alumni for a career-inspiring conversation over coffee (in person or online).
This diverse network can:
- Accelerate or enrich careers
- Help tap into the smart thinking of peers locally and globally
- Is a powerful contribution to the Acadia University community
Join this network to:
- Give back
- Gain a better understanding of what careers are available with your degree
- Help shape the careers of students and young alumni by sharing your career advice and experience
- Develop your networking and mentoring skills through real-world practice
- Build your network of other Acadia University alumni and faculty based on your industry and interests
As a student or recent graduate of Acadia University, you have access to faculty, staff, alumni and community members with valuable life and career advice to share. With 85 per cent of jobs being filled via networking and 2.4 million jobs available over the next four years, the time to build and enhance your network is now! The top skills that companies are looking for across ALL industries include active listening, speaking, critical thinking and social perceptiveness. You can improve these skills by connecting with others, sharing your story and asking thoughtful questions.
The Acadia Café is your exclusive networking and mentoring platform. The Café introduces you to faculty, alumni and other students based on your specific career interests and goals. You can schedule and set up a coffee chat in person or online.
How does it work?
Each year, you’ll receive monthly introductions to a fellow student or alumni based on your career interests and goals.
You suggest a time to chat, in person at a coffee shop or online from the comfort of your home, to share your advice and experience.
You’ll receive an official LinkedIn certification to recognize your commitment to continuous learning and career advancement.
Once you join, all introductions are sent directly to your preferred inbox; schedule a time and get an invite directly to your e-mail address.
How do I join?
The easiest and quickest way to gain access is to sign-up using your school or alumni e-mail address here!