About Your Account
You need to pay each term’s fees on or before the payment due date. If your account is not paid in full by the deadline, it will be subject to late fees and interest charges. Your account will be considered delinquent when the required fees are not paid by fee payment deadline date.
A late fee of $50 will be added to all outstanding accounts that are not paid by the term deadline, unless one of the situations mentioned above applies.
Outstanding account balances are charged 1% interest on the last working Thursday of each month.
- If you have an outstanding account balance, we will contact you by email and/or by phone to ask you to speak to us about your account by a specific date. If you do not contact us by that date, your Acadia network access will be disabled until you do.
- If a financial hold is placed on your account, it will restrict you from obtaining academic grades or an official transcript, registering, participating in room draw, formally graduating, or obtaining from the Registrar's Office a confirmation of enrolment letter for student visa purposes.
Deregistration from Classes
- If you do not contact Student Accounts with a legitimate reason as to why, the Manager, Student Accounts can, with the approval of the Associate Vice-President Finance and Treasurer and/or any other senior administration personnel, deregister you from classes until such time as payment arrangements are made.
- If you continue to ignore requests for contact, the collections process will be initiated.
- Any account that is disabled due to fees will be charged a $50.00 reinstatement fee.