Do you need help with your English reading, writing, listening, or speaking skills? Are you confused about which verb tense to use when writing? Do you want to improve your pronunciation to communicate more effectively? Do you need help understanding the instructions to your assignment?
ELC Academic Language Support is here to help you refine your English language skills so you can be successful in your classes. All appointments, workshops and tutorials are free and are delivered by qualified ELC instructors or campus and community professionals. This support is specifically designed for International Students, but it is open to all Acadia students needing second language support.
- 30-minute appointments
- Book your appointment by joining our Acorn page
- Work with ELC instructors on language skills or class assignments
- To help prepare for your appointment, you should email your assignment to your tutor at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment. Be ready with specific questions about your assignment.
- This is a support service, not an editing service.
Presentations and Workshops
- 60-minute workshops
- Variety of topics to support your academic and language skills
- Upcoming sessions may include
- Time Management and Study Skills
- Academic Reading Skills (skimming, scanning, synthesizing)
- Academic Writing Skills (paragraphs, essays, thesis statements)
- Academic Presentation Skills (presenting research, creating PPTs, citing sources)
- Grammar Skills (correcting errors in writing and speaking)
- Academic Integrity and Citations (avoiding plagiarism and using APA Referencing)
- Mental Health, Counselling for International Students