International Students

Applying for your Study Permit or Visa

Depending on your length of study in Canada in you will probably need a study permit. Depending on your home country, you will also need an electronic travel authorization or visa in order to study at Acadia University. Also, depending on your age, you may require a Custodian in Canada. We encourage you to learn more about Canada’s Citizenship and Immigration regulations for studying in Canada.

Important note

As of January 2024, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is not processing study permit applications. We expect they will begin processing study permits soon. You can still apply to Acadia, and we are still offering Letters of Admission.

Select Your Language


Important Links

Study Permits 

Temporary Resident Visas 


International Students
Wong International Centre
27 Acadia Street
Wolfville, Nova Scotia, B4P 2R6