International Students

United States Visitor Visa

You will need a travel waiver authorization or visitor visa (DS-160) if you are visiting the United States unless you are Canadian.

  • FEES: All U.S. Consulates in Canada require that visa fee payments must be deposited in advance of the appointment.
  • Reciprocity fee: Depending on your country of citizenship, you may also be required to pay a fee for visa issuance, known as reciprocity fee. If your visa application is approved, you will be asked to pay this fee at the time of your interview. Click here to find out whether you will need to pay a reciprocity fee.

Electronic Travel Authorization

Citizens of countries listed are eligible to apply for admission under the Visa Waiver Program. To apply for Visa Waiver Authorization, please click here.

US Visa (DS-160) for those who do not qualify under the Visa waiver program

To obtain a US visa, you must complete the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS- 160) first then visit the United States embassy website to book an appointment at the consulate in Halifax. When you are booking your appointment, they will give you instructions and the documents you need to obtain before going to your appointment.

Everyone who is applying for a U.S. visa at any U.S. Consulate in Canada must schedule an appointment. Please follow this link to schedule an appointment.

Select Your Language

Important Links

 United States Visa General Information

 Non-Immigrant Visa Information

 Preparing for your US Consulate Appointment

 Online Non-Immigrant Visa Application


International Students
Wong International Centre
27 Acadia Street
Wolfville, Nova Scotia, B4P 2R6