COVID-19 Symptom Daily Self-Assessment
Thank you for doing your part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. You can also download a printable version of this information for your reference.
Watch for symptoms:
Symptoms can vary from person to person and in different age groups. Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to COVID-19. The severity of COVID-19 symptoms can range from mild to severe, and in some cases, can lead to death. Current information suggests most people don't experience severe illness or need to be hospitalized.
When to call 811
Call 811 for assessment if in the past 48 hours you have had or you’re currently experiencing:
- fever (i.e. chills/sweats) OR cough (new or worsening)
Two or more of the following symptoms (new or worsening):
- sore throat
- runny nose/nasal congestion
- shortness of breath
You should also call 811 for assessment if you think you've been exposed to COVID-19 or have any other symptoms that concern you.
Campus Self-Isolation Protocols
Students directed to self-isolate by an 811 nurse
If you are a student and directed to self-isolate by an 811 nurse:
- Contact Safety and Security (902-585-1103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org). We can help you and coordinate any supports you might need.
- Notify your instructors to let them know you will not be physically present in class. They can arrange alternatives to keep you informed (remotely or otherwise) about classroom activities and assignments.
Employees directed to self-isolate by an 811 nurse
If you are an employee or contractor working on campus and directed to self-isolate by an 811 nurse:
- Contact your direct supervisor to let them know you will not be physically present on campus.
- Discuss your ability to perform your duties remotely or work out an alternative arrangement.
If you are on-campus when symptoms occur
- Wash your hands.
- Wear a mask.
- If you are a student - contact Safety and Security (902-585-1103 or email email@example.com). If you are an employee - contact your immediate supervisor to advise them you need to leave work.
- Go directly to your residence room or home with no stops. Practice physical distancing.
- Call 811 for further instruction from a nurse,
If you test positive for COVID-19
- Public Health will contact you with further instructions and will begin the contact-tracing protocol.
- Acadia University will be notified so we can take appropriate response measures.
- Public Health will communicate directly with those people who are considered at-risk because of close contact with you.