Event Changes and Cancellations
Most events and varsity and club sports activity are suspended. Currently, the University is not permitting third-party events on campus. The Athletics Complex is following a re-opening strategy that is focused on serving our students.
Although Acadia University campus and buildings are closed to the general public until further notice, exceptions include access to the:
- Athletics Complex (appointments only)
- Woodland Trails
- flo EV charging station (Athletics Complex)
- Rail Trail through the Athletics Complex parking lot
- Tower Skateboard and Basketball Park
Exceptions are also in place for those transporting students, contractors, and service providers.
Athletics and Fitness
Our Athletics staff have developed new fitness and recreational programming for students that meets Nova Scotia Public Health and sport-specific guidelines and requirements. Please visit the Acadia Athletics Complex website for information and updates about recreation facilities and programs.
Performing Arts Series
- The Performing Arts Series is planning for 2021. We expect it will not be possible to host a fall or winter season Performing Arts Series events. Learn more about rescheduling and plans for the series to return.
The Art Gallery
- The Acadia University Art Gallery is planning limited-access academic programming and new exhibitions for the fall as well as robust virtual programming and artists talks.
Manning Memorial Chapel
- The chapel is closed at this time. However, the Chaplain is offering support via email and phone 902-599-2436.
Booking Events at Acadia
- Unfortunately, due the COVID-19 pandemic, we are unable to confirm bookings for the use of space on campus for the public until further notice. If you have concerns about a previously booked event or are planning for a future event, please contact Destination Acadia.